Was built in 1822 as a hunting lodge in the large park, which the Duchess of Lucca, Maria Luisa di Borbone, had commissioned from the architect Lorenzo Nottolini for Viareggio. The villa, surrounded by the enclosed garden in the middle of a large agricultural estate within in the park of Migliarino San Rossore, Massaciuccoli, has a monumental gate entrance onto the avenue, Viale dei Tigli. There is a mausoleum chapel, with marble façade in neo-fourteenth-century style, where the sovereigns of Lucca and their descendants are buried, as well as an orangerie and stables.
Address: Viale dei Tigli, 55049 Viareggio LU
Telephone: (+39) 0584 359950