Villa Argentina

Visite

Su prenotazione

Ospitalità

Eventi

Gourmet

Category
Public Villas

The villa was built in 1868 in a large garden situated in the residential quarter of Viareggio known as “quattro venti”. In 1926 the architect, Alfredo Belluomini, made plans for the expansion and renovation of the villa and the painter Galileo Chini created the many interior and exterior decorations characterising the facades on the first floor. The villa was later transformed into a hotel and an extension was built on the rear of the building to the north, joining the façade on Via A. Fratti. The architectural forms of the extension reflect the character of the existing building, though without any of the ceramics or decorations of the main façade; the tower, with a view towards the sea, is the most significant element of the new building.